Monday 15 July 2013

Fast food for thought

One thing that makes me see red in the great heat is the sight of a sheitel-clad lady walking down the road, looking smart  and 'together' in her heels and "kosher" outfit while the rest of society turns to liquid; and beside her is her husband - no sheitel, not even socks; just shorts and a breezey shirt (or even a t-shirt) keeping him from overheating.  How insensitive can some men be??

 If I dressed in some (thigh-covering) 'shorts' and a loose shirt or t-shirt, sleeves above the elbow, and kept my hair cool and free, I would be looking at my Get papers now.

 But I have decided to stay cool and b'tznuah and not get my tichel in a twist.  Will just ask hubby for a new car with state-of-the-art air con; and also for a fitted outdoor kitchen.  And some new earrings, a new set of cool, breezey maternity dresses and new baby to match.  Wipe the sweat of your brow, dear.  I'm the one who can't take the heat  - or get out of the kitchen. 

3 comments:

  1. Now you're sounding just like those sheitel-clad ladies walking down the road, looking smart  and 'together' in their heels and "kosher" outfits

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Has the guilt got to you because you've put on a pair of tzniusdik shorts and a T-shirt, to help you fast easier in the heat? Without giving a thought as to what anyone else may or may not be wearing, don't you think Mrs B has a point?

      Delete
    2. Mrs B is most certainly raising a valid point, one I agree with.
      It is when she starts talking about "just ask hubby" for new cars, with or without state-of-the-art-air-con, earings, etc., that she starts to sound like 'one of them'.

      Delete